Pages

Monday 16 December 2013

25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS EVIL : DAY 15 : SILENT NIGHT 2012

As Silent Night Deadly Night has been one if my all time favourite slashers, I was very excited at the thought of Steven C Miller bringing the franchise up to date in th form of a reboot. In today's climate I wasn't even particularly worried when the production announced that it would be a very different tale to that of Billy and his murderous Santa rampage. What we get instead is the makings one of my favourite films of the last decade.

A small American town is terrorised by a Santa clad slasher as they prepare for their annual Santa parade, but all the victims have something in common, they have all been very, very naughty. its up to the small town sheriff to bring him to justice before the whole town goes up in flames. 

If I'm honest, I have waited a great many years for a Christmas horror to come along that is this well produced and on top of it likeable, a lot of the christmas horror presented here has been tough to watch low budget fare and the mainstream stuff? Well 2006's Black X-Mas had so much potential but definitely fell short and Saint had just too much off cultural difference for me to consider it close enough to perfection. Silent Night takes the idea and runs with it, it's fun and fast paced and slick and exciting and even stars 3 of my favourite actors working in film today in Jaime King, Malcolm McDowell and Ellen Wong. 

It's what christmas horror fans have been waiting for. 

Happy Horror Holidays.

See You Tomorrow.

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment