Pages

Tuesday 3 December 2013

25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS EVIL : DAY 3 : PSYCHO SANTA

Trying to find Christmas Horrors is tougher than you might imagine, I also like to try and find some rarities that you may not necessarily have heard of. However sometimes, actually quite often on this list, there is a reason for said film being rare. Like someone has gone to an effort to keep it buried from the eyes of the public. You can see by the low res artwork here that it was very tough for me to find any images corresponding to this title. 

Usually at this point I'd sum up the story of the film in question, but I have to be Honest, I've watched the film twice now and I find it difficult to understand exactly what is going on here. Part exploitation, part slasher, the film seems to built on three accounts of a man Dressed as Santa attacking a variety of people, including some lebians and a young couple lost in the woods. I think, all though it's never really made clear what exactly is going on. I guess it anthology although the poor sound and exposition makes it tough to say that for certain.

The main issue with the film is that makes zero attempt to have any exteriors look like it could be part of the festive period. I understand that it's not all snow and ice everywhere in the world at Christmas, but in film world we have come to expect those things and their absence here is a problem. The film also insists on drawing out things like a terrible lesbian dance scene, but is all to quick to the get the killing over and done with giving us very little in the way of horror for the most part.





It's not all bad news, there's an interesting set if ideas in here, and I don'twanna crap on what was obviously a low budget production as I know how much work goes into any project. The film is certainly entertaining, but maybe not for the reason the filmmakers intended.

Happy Horror Holidays

See You Tomorrow

MJ





No comments:

Post a Comment