Pages

Sunday 22 December 2013

25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS EVIL : DAY 22 : THE 13TH DAY OF CHRISTMAS

During the holiday season I spend a fair bit of time researching Christmas Horror titles and on my quest I found some poster art for the incredible looking 13th Day Of Christmas. However during my searching I suddenly found that it was very difficult to find anything about the film. I keep digging and soon discovered that it wasn't a movie at all, but rather part of an old 80's ITV drama series called Time For Murder. I set out on my quest to find it and it wasn't long before I found a copy of the specific episode.

Set on the night of January 7th (The Thirteenth Day Of Christmas) A young man suffering from Post Traumatic Stress after serving time in the Falklands, is becoming an increasing burden on his parents, who are on the verge of having him committed. The voices in his head soon convince him that his only way out is to murder them, He finds a hiccup in his plan however when his sister returns home to find what he has done. 

The episode itself is only about 45 minutes long, but acts as its own self contained film. Also there is very little coverage of it anywhere else, It took me a fair bit of time to find this only existing still on the net, so I thought i'd take the opportunity to just spread its existence out there. It's pretty heavy in terms of drama and its shot on video for Tv look could be jarring, but its well executed of nothing else and would be great source material for a remake. If you can track it down it well worth the watch and its an exciting little gem for Christmas horror fans like myself.



Happy Horror Holidays.

See You Tomorrow.

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment