Pages

Sunday 8 December 2013

25 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS EVIL : DAY 8 : GREMLINS

It's not Christmas without certain films and although it wasn't until my my late teens that even thought about considering it a christmas horror, it is nothing but. The feeling of the season is implanted throughout and used as a story arc as we follow our heroes through some thing that feels like a cross between a family classic and a creature filled nightmare.

Billy Peltzer is given a strange new pet by his father on Christmas Eve, a small furry animal known as a Mogwai. Things are great and Billy loves his new pet, until it gets wet and multiplies. See Mogwai's come with a few rules that Billy father kind of skips over and the most important never, ever feed the after midnight. Unfortunetly the new Mogwai's manage get to snack time after the midnight hour and now the town is overrun as they metamorphos into slimy, scaley creatures hellbent on destruction. 

This has been one of my favourite films since I was a kid I remember begging my grandmother for the VHS for Christmas along with its sequel. It is a magic blend of horror, comedy and holiday magic that is just right this time of year and is not only one of my favourite christmas horrors, but certainly one of favourite films of all time.

Happy Horror Holidays.


See You Tommorrow.

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment