Pages

Tuesday 1 October 2013

31 NIGHTS OF HALLOWEEN : NIGHT 1 : PYSCHO

So the idea here is to really just take you on a journey of films I enjoy and that believe to be the cream of the crop when it comes to Horror movies.  I like to do this every year, every night sit down with a classic and remind myself why I love each and every one so much and this year with the help of Horror Heart Magazine I thought I would share that journey with you guys. 

It's probably no shock that we'd start here, many consider it to be the greatest Horror film of all time, and it is especially noted as what could be considered the first Proto-Slasher. But opinions aside Psycho really is a film that changed the way we viewed Horror films forever, its twist, its turns and its ultimate disturbing reveal still leave an impact on audiences today and thats quite an achievement for the 1960, Low Budget, Black and White effort. It's probably my personal favourite Hitchcock film and it certainly had an impact on countless films that came after it, As well as spawning 3 sequels and a most recently a TV series.

It holds a special place in my heart as I name half my company Mycho after it. See you tomorrow.

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment