Pages

Friday 4 October 2013

31 NIGHTS OF HALLOWEEN : NIGHT 4 : AMITYVILLE HORROR

Today I was gonna go with The Exorcist, but quite honestly it's not a film I've ever connected with. it was banned in UK for most of childhood and so by the time I saw it I was in my late teens and so it's impact was kind of lost on me as I had seen a fair deal worse by that point. It's undeniable that it is still a terrifying experience, but this has been about films that I personally found inspirational I decided to go with a different tale of paranormal possession. 

Today I'm talking about Amityville Horror. One of my first experiences in haunted house movies, the film tells ten tale of a family who move into a Long Island home only to discover that it previously housed a grizzly series of murders. It's one of the finer haunted house flicks out there and although it's aged over time it's still hold up pretty solidly. Although there is also a semi decent remake with Ryan Reynolds if you like that sort of thing that covers the same ground for the most part.

Amityville was famously based on an apartment true story and the house still stands today and was recently on sale although it's most recent tennents have claimed that they witnessed no supernatural activity whilst residing there. However due to its basis in reality the Amityville name has been connected to a whole plethora of films holding the title. Threre are 8 canon including Amityville Doll House and The  Escapes ( about a possessed lamp) and another dozen films cashing in on the title and the previously mentioned remake.

But the first one is a great watch and a fantastic addition to this months list.

See you tomorrow.

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment