Pages

Wednesday 30 October 2013

31 NIGHTS OF HALLOWEEN : NIGHT 30 : THE HITCHER

Very few film out there have had the impact on me that this film has, in fact I can only think of one film that has been more influential to me than The Hitcher, but we'll get to that. Honestly I cant even remember the first time I saw it, due to the simple fact I have seen it so many times. Its art, its horror, its action, its everything I dreamed a film could be and of course Rutger Hauer is in it. WIN!

A young man is delivering a car to another state and picks up a lonely hitchhiker in the dead of night. He soon finds that the hitchhiker wants to do nothing but harm him and manages to escape with his life, only to find himself framed for the hitchers murderous rampage and pursued by the hitcher himself. He soon realises that it falls upon him to stop the carnage once and for all. 

The film a roller coaster ride, its perfect in its pacing, in its execution, in its tension and has some of the best characters I've ever seen on the screen, not to mention the amazing two car flip that was the first of its kind I believe. Its a film that can be watched over and over again, but the real beauty of it lies in the question of who or what the hitcher is. Its treated with such mystery, almost skating the border of the supernatural, its not your standard slasher, it has layers and depth and thats what makes it my second favourite movie of all time.

See You Tomorrow.
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment