Pages

Sunday 27 October 2013

31 NIGHTS OF HALLOWEEN : NIGHT 27 : SAW

Fuck it. You know people will complain, but let em. 


In 2004 Saw hit the big screen for Halloween. It was the first Halloween since I'd moved out to the North West and I decided to really get in the mood, and there is no better way than to hit up a horror movie on the big screen. The film I caught was Saw and I gotta say... I didn't really get it. It seemed flashy, over the top, I wasn't sure if I was scared or just startled. However I left with the final image from the movie and that classic theme ringing through my ears and as I though about it, something began to change.

Waking in an old bathroom, a doctor and a photographer find themselves chained up with a dead body,  his brains freshly painting the floor. The next 90 minutes is a series of clue solving and flashbacks as they try to figure out why they are there. As the identity of the mastermind draws closer, the two realise they may be more connected than they first thought and when their capture is finally revealed, it will blow your mind.

Saw is one of those films thats a lot to take in, its flashy and over done, a very MTV generation film, and that works to its

advantage and disadvantage at the same time. I grew to love the first film over that year and caught the next one, only to become more and more intrigued. The entries since then have varied in content with Parts IV & VI being a highlight for me personally. But in all honestly, I love these movies. They have shaped modern horror as we know it and it might just be the music, but I get chills everytime the final twist is revealed. 

See You Tomorrow.
MJ


No comments:

Post a Comment