Pages

Sunday 20 October 2013

31 NIGHTS OF HALLOWEEN : NIGHT 20 : PARANORMAL ACTIVITY

I caught the film just as the hype was starting to build, die hard horror fans were talking about it, but of course, it was just before people starting calling it the scariest movie of all time etc. I think had that been the case before I caught it, I might not have enjoyed it as much. It's seems however that I caught it at the right time, and saw it really with a fresh perspective and no idea what to expect. 

Mika and Katie have been experiencing strange things in their L.A. Home and Mika decides that it's time they use modern to technology to catch the creepiness on film (or tape). As they begin to discover what happens in the house as they sleep, the activity escalates and what seems like a standard haunting begins to focus on Katie and finds itself tied to her past. 

A lot of people either hate the film due to its overhype, or dismiss if because of it's found footage style, and I might have been as quick to do so had things been different. Luckily I ended up with a 90 minute ride into a series of well paced, well thought out story and accelerating horror that when it finally gets you to the end, it catches you so off guard that it will leave you with the lights on for a fair few evenings.

The film itself has since become a wild franchised success (3

released sequels, 2 forthcoming ) and spawned hundreds of imitators which have lessoned this modern horrors effectiveness. Viewers tend to split down the middle on this one, but I love it and it's sequels so far. I look forward to the 2 PA entries next year.

See you Tomorrow.
MJ


No comments:

Post a Comment